Spheres – Lenses with achromatic function
Spherical lenses, also known as round optics or spheres, are used to collect, diverge or focus light. They are used for various technological applications, for example in medical technology and semiconductor industry, or as a component in achromatic lens systems. Achromatic lenses consist of two to three lenses cemented together. This combination generally serves to reduce spherical aberration.
Thanks to modern manufacturing technologies, we are able to produce spherical lenses of high quality and from different materials. In addition to optical glasses, these include crystals such as germanium and silicon, metals, PMMA and IR materials. For ideal use, we also finish your spheres with high-quality optical coatings, depending on the application. asphericon manufactures spheres with diameters from 5 mm to 300 mm and shape accuracies down to the nanometer range, customized to your requirements.
- Customized lenses
- Materials: Glass | Fused Silica | PMMA | Metals | IR materials
- High quality customized coatings (spectral range from 190 nm to 5.1 µm)
- Reasonable delivery times
- RoHS conformity
Our product range includes the production of the following types of spheres:
- plan-convex/plan-concave lenses
- bi-convex/bi-concave lenses
- achromatic singlets, doublets and triplets
asphericon offers spherical lenses in the following processing stages:
- laser engraved
and in a wide variety of geometries:
- with bevels, bores or steps.