Like many traditional machines, band saws have not changed much over the decades. Harvey decided to redesign band saws with new ideas to raise the standards for band saws. The ALPHA Series HW615P Bandsaw is a direct result of these ideas. The basic concept behind the HW615P is to make a truly heavy-duty, powerful and precise bandsaw which will enable you to do the job with ease and pleasure.
The HW615P is built with a 3 HP, 220v motor to ensure enough power to undertake any job that a 15” bandsaw can handle; solid, reinforced structural steel frame; premium, heavy-duty cast iron flywheels; unique tool-less upper and lower blade guides; precision ground 20" x 20" (508x508mm) cast iron work table with great durability and rust resistance; extra-large precision high low aluminum fence with solid T-square gliding/locking structure; worm gear system for smooth worktable tilt; dual trunnions for stability; and a fully enclosed blade guard. All of these add to the precision, smoothness and solid performance and make HW615P a ultimate bandsaw for professional woodworkers.
Features and Benefits
- Dynamically balanced cast iron flywheels for smooth operation and extra torque when running
- 3HP powerful TEFC single phase motor (220V)
- Precision ground cast iron work table with great durability and rust resistance
- Unique tool-less upper and lower blade guides
- Extra sized and robust steel frame
- Quick release tensioning levers
- Worm gear worktable tilting
- Foot brake with micro switch
- Full enclosure protection for blade
- Micro-switches on the top and bottom doors for extra safety
- Dual trunnion system for stable support of worktable
- Extra large aluminum alloy precision high/low fence
Precision Ground Cast Iron worktable
The precision ground 20" x 20" (508x508mm) cast iron work table provides a smooth surface with great durability and rust resistance for your precise cutting.
Heavy Duty Cast Iron Flywheels and Reinforced Structural Steel Frame
Dynamically balanced cast iron flywheels provide smooth operation, extra torque and minimum noise when running. The reinforced solid steel frame insures the stability needed for extraordinary performance.
Extra large Precision Hi-Low Fence with solid T-square Structure
Rail: Upgraded to a structural steel tube providing additional strength and rigidity and allowing for more precise settings. The solid T-square structure is easily adjustable and allows the fence to slide smoothly.
Full Enclosure Protection for Blade
Ball Bearing Blade Guides feature Tool-less Adjustment
Cast Iron Worm Gear Tilting System
Both Doors have Safety Switches