Push the limits of your photonic experiments and applications to new heights with our Swiss-made superconducting nanowire single-photon detectors (SNSPDs), combining incredibly high detection efficiency, timing precision, low noise, and fast recovery time. The ID281 Series of SNSPDs are IDQ’s ultimate combination of high-performance single-photon detection, simple and robust cryogenics, and best-in-class time-tagging and control electronics. Get the best out of your photonic experiments and applications with the ID281 Superconducting Nanowire Series today.
- Near-perfect detection efficiency: can exceed 95%
- Ultra-low noise: as low as < 1 Hz dark count rate
- Superb precision with built-in cryogenic amplifiers: as low as < 25 ps timing jitter
- Mix and match up to 16 detectors, upgrade any time
- Continuous system operation
- Reliable and robust performance, with worldwide round-the-clock technical support included
- Hardware-based true latch-free operation at any detection rate
- High count rates: ultrafast detectors with maximum detection rates above 100 MHz
- QKD and quantum communications
- Quantum optics and computing
- Single-photon source characterization
- Fluorescence lifetime imaging
- Failure analysis of integrated circuits
- VIS, NIR and MIR spectroscopy
- Self-contained rack-mounted systems
- Advanced time-tagging, coincidence filtering and delay/pulse generation
The ID281 System
ID281 SNSPDs are integrated in an automated and compact closed-cycle cryostat, providing ease-of-use and continuous system operation, with latch free detection by design. In a single ID281 system, mix and match up to 16 detectors, available in a range of specifications customizable to each user.
ID281 Standard SNSPD: a single-pixel SNSPD design, with a linear nanowire meander, offering the best overall performance in terms of system detection efficiency, detector noise, and timing precision.
ID281 Ultrafast SNSPD: a parallel-pixel SNSPD design, again with four or eight nanowire sub-pixels, but instead used to mitigate the photon pile-up effect. Recovery times below 10 ns can be achieved with these devices, while still benefiting from the efficiency, precision, noise performance and broadband operation of the ID281 SNSPD range.
ID281 Photon-number-resolving: a parallel-pixel SNSPD design, with each detector formed of either four or eight nanowire sub-pixels connected electrically in parallel. These devices offer the unique ability to discriminate up to eight-photon states in one measurement, while still benefiting from the efficiency, precision, noise performance and broadband operation of the ID281 SNSPD range.
A complete package
With performance derived from their superconducting material — operating at cryogenic temperatures — ID281 SNSPDs are delivered in a turnkey cryogenic system, tailored to your needs. Additionally, the analogue detection pulses must be turned into digital information, meaning the fastest and most precise timing instrumentation is a must-have. IDQ delivers all this and more, making it the most complete and versatile SNSPD system around.
- Rack mounting customization for safety and mobility
- ID281 Control Box for plug-and-play operation
- ID1000 Time Controller for ultrafast ultra-precise data acquisition