IDQ’s ID100 Series consists of compact and affordable single photon detector modules with best-in-class timing resolution and state-of-the-art dark count rate based on a reliable silicon avalanche photodiode sensitive in the visible spectral range: 350-900 nm. With a timing resolution of only 40 ps and a dead time of 45 ns, this module outperforms existing commercial detectors in all applications requiring single photon detection with high timing accuracy. The ID100 has excellent timing stability up to count rates of 20 MHz.
- Sensitive from 350-900 nm
- Peak photon detection at λ = 500 nm
- FWHM jitter < 60ps (typ. < 40 ps)
- High speed recovery time < 45 ns
- Regular, standard, and ultra-low noise grades
- Active area diameter of 20 μm or 50 μm
- Free-space or fibre coupling
- Robust: not damaged by strong illumination, and no disruptive bistability
The modules are available in four dark count grades, with a dark count rate as low as < 7 Hz.
Versions with optical Fiber coupling – including single mode, multimode 50 um and multimode 100 um – are available
Optional Pulse Shaper
For measurement instruments requiring negative input pulses. The leading edge of the ID100 output pulse is converted into a sharp negative pulse with typical amplitudes of 1.4 V for a 50 Ω load and 2.5 V for a high impedance load. The pulse shaper comes with two SMA/BNC adapters.